- communicate: talk about things, the good and bad.
- build trust.
- be honest.
- be faithful.
- be there for one another.
- make time for one another.
- leave the past to the past, which include ex’s.
- know that having arguments is normal.
- know that you won’t always be happy.
- don’t expect change.
- appreciate the flaws.
- appreciate each other.
- become best friends.
- lastly, love each other unconditionally.
And by everything, I literally mean everything. I notice when someone stops hitting me up like they used to. I notice when the way someone talks to me starts changing. I notice the little things that people do, and the little things they used to do. I notice when things change, and when it’s no longer the same. I notice every single little detail. I just don’t say anything.